The PowerPoint presentation is included, in PDF format.
Ross Rosenberg’s credits the discovery of the “Observe Don’t Absorb (ODA)” technique for saving his mental health while in abusive relationships with Pathological Narcissists. Since first discovering this technique 28 years ago, it has provided countless numbers of people with a powerful defense strategy against harmful narcissists. ODA empowers and assists victims of narcissistic abuse, codependents, or those with Self-Love Deficit Disorder with a variety of insights, strategies, and survival tools.
ODA essentially enables people to successfully set boundaries with Pathological Narcissists (Narcissistic, Borderline and/or Antisocial Personality Disorders), survive the backlash, and safely end their harmful and dysfunctional relationship. The main tenant of ODA is to avoid the forever losing proposition of engaging narcissists in conflict.
Ross uses George Bernard Shaw’s saying, “Never wrestle with pigs. You will get dirty; and besides, pigs like it,” to demonstrate the futility of “wrestling” with narcissists, and the forever poor outcomes because of it. Not only does ODA teach emotional detachment from purposefully manipulative and cunning narcissists, it greatly enhances one’s mental health. It can be used as an effective every-day technique that has the potential be helpful in all situations - from the mundane to the very stressful and critical.
WHAT TO EXPECT/DESCRIPTION
- False Power Syndrome
- Roller Coaster Amnesia
- The Codependency Delusion
- Magical Thinking
- The 4 Reasons Boundaries on Pnarc’s Don’t Work
- Establishing Homefield Advantage
- Observe Don’t Absorb Technique: Stop Wrestling with Pigs
- ODA’s 6 Tenets
- Predictive Awareness
- ODA In the Head – The Emotional Wrestling Ring
- The Emotional and Physical Wrestling Rings
- Muhammad Ali’s Emotional Knockouts
- The Induced Conversation
- Using ODA – The Technique
- Observing is Healthy Disassociation
- Don’t Absorb! and What It Is
- ODA Mindfulness
- The Nine ODA Fantasy Defense Techniques
- The Intern Fantasy Defense Technique
- The Syringe Fantasy Defense Technique
- Mr. Spock Fantasy Defense Technique
- Name Rank and Serial Number Technique
- ODA Mantras
- Becoming an ODA Warrior